Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Repurposing Rooms

One of the very first projects I took on when we moved into our new home was our family office area. I work/freelance from home and need a space to write. Our son is now in school and brings home more paperwork and homework than I was able to keep up with! We needed some major organization.

The house has an eat-in-kitchen area. Here it was before we moved in:

Once we decided not to make the dining room formal, it was apparent that we didn't need a 2nd eating area. What we did need was an office/study!






The space has undergone a few changes here and there over the past year. I've added some artwork and new bins, but for the most part the functionality has remained the same and has worked nicely for us.

Have you taken a room in your home and used it for a purpose other than what it was intended? I'd love to hear about!


Walls: Benjamin Moore Pale Oak
Desk: Ikea
Book Shelf: Target
Galvanized Wall Bins: Home Goods

No comments: